I am an ordinary person with an extraordinary job.
My job is to tell stories through photography, writing, and art. Some stories are set in reality – stories of friendship, marriage, innocence, and love. Others are created from dreams – dreams of nostalgia, sensuality, secret fantasies, and imaginary worlds.
What truly inspires me, however, are the people behind these stories. Real people – from stunning beauties to the common passers-by, from wealthy businessmen to the odd-job worker, from newly-weds to wrinkled old couples, from newborns tasting life, to the terminally ill.
Real people, like you and I.
It doesn’t matter if we’re pretty or ugly, rich or poor, famous or misunderstood. Beneath what everyone sees on the outside, there is something within us that is human and real. Everyone is beautiful in their own way, and everyone has a story to tell.
This is the inspiration behind my work. I am humbled by the people who share a part of themselves with me.
Photography: Portraits of beauty, love and joy
Paintings: Portraiture | Figurative | Abstract | Nature
Storytelling: Your life story in a personal memoir (contact me to work together)
Commercial photography | Art commissions & licensing | Business collaboration:
Get in touch
- Full-time photographer since 2002
- Boudoir photographer since 2006
- An artist since… erm… as far as I can remember…
- 3 exhibitions, 2 books, and a calendar for Breast Cancer Survivors
- I listen much, much more than I talk
Selected media releases and interviews:
* Straits Times, 25 Feb 2016: 40 Years between photos for couple
* SG Magazine, 1 April 2016: “This Photographer takes soul-stirring portraits of patients and their caregivers”
* Canon EOS World: Portraiture – EOS Professional Kelvin Lim
Selected exhibitions and projects:
* Breast Cancer Foundation: Hope & Courage
Exhibition: Element Art Space – 8-10 Nov 2015
* Home Nursing Foundation: Portraits of Love
Exhibition & Book Launch, Raffles City – 22-24 April 2016
* Exactly Foundation: “Who Cares?”
Art Residency #5 – July-Nov 2016
Exhibition & Book Launch: Objectifs – Centre for Photography and Film, 14-24 September 2017